[openstack-dev] Copyright headers in source files

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri May 17 12:16:56 UTC 2013

I'm generally +1 on this, however it's going to be hard to get
organizations to agree to this while other orgs are listed in the source
files. From an IBM perspective, I've gotten agreement that we're cool
with this, as long as it's consistent. A patch work where some
copyrights are still listed, but others aren't allowed in, isn't going
to fly.

My suggestion, is that we declare a flag day (like June 15), and that
someone needs to make an objection by then, otherwise this is new
policy. We create a new hacking rule that projects can use to enforce it.

Then we have a couple of volunteers lined up to generate, and review
through mass removals from the code for each openstack/ project, plus
flipping on the hacking rule.

	-Sean

Sean Dague
http://dague.net