[openstack-dev] How to guarantee success of the I Design Summit in HK

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu May 16 19:10:33 UTC 2013

On 05/16/2013 02:58 PM, Chris Behrens wrote:

> I should note that I will not be able to attend the HK summit, although it's a personal decision based on bad timing and not anything else.  I'm usually an active participant in the summits (on the nova tracks) and generally consider myself a "critical member" of the community -- whatever that means. :)
>
> I really would like to be able to participate remotely.  I have been making an assumption that it's just not going to be possible in a useful manner.   And I think we'll all live if that's true. :)  But for lack of better words, that kinda sucks.

Yep, this is one specific example of a critical participant for nova
sessions that I would *really* like to be able to loop in if possible.

Personally I'm less concerned about a solution for the masses, and more
concerned about being able to involve certain key people, like Chris.

As for those that would normally lurk in the back of the room, if they
can be there, great.  If not, it's not the end of the world.  There
should not be anything that is *exclusively* discussed and decided at
the design summit.  Things should be documented, discussed on the
mailing list, and vetted on gerrit all the same, so everyone should
still have visibility into what is going on.

The benefit of these sessions is the rapid process made on ideas with
the real-time interaction between key participants.  We need them
involved, or some sessions aren't worth having.

--
Russell Bryant