[openstack-dev] [Nova][Quantum] Move quantum port creation to nova-api

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Thu May 16 05:56:22 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 10:53 PM, Aaron Rose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created the following blueprint and wanted to hear what the
> community though before starting on it.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-api-quantum-create-port

In the bp you write: "The only downside I see of moving this logic into
nova-api is that we would slow down the response time from nova-api to
provision instances."

I think that this can be addressed by nova prefetching quantum ports. If
nova has a cachedset of quantum ports then it is just a matter of using
the port UUID.