[openstack-dev] [Nova][Quantum] Move quantum port creation to nova-api

Aaron Rosen arosen at nicira.com
Thu May 16 06:15:13 UTC 2013

Hi Gary,

No what I meant was since nova-api would be creating the ports for the
requested networks in quantum (rather than when the instance lands on a
nova compute node)  that the api call to launch an instance to nova-api
would take longer. That said there was some discussion around this in
#openstack-nova and one thing that was discussed was possibly removing the
creation of ports from nova and have something else orchestrate this
process (similar to how we can currently do nova boot --nic port-id= )

Best,

Aaron