[openstack-dev] How to guarantee success of the I Design Summit in HK

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue May 14 23:59:25 UTC 2013

Hello folks

a few people asked how we're going to help the people that used to go to
the Design Summit sessions and won't be able to participate in person in
Hong Kong.

This is a difficult problem and I don't have a definitive answer for
that, yet. My main concern is that we don't know how big this issue is,
if it exists at all.

If we have people that need to participate remotely to HK Design Summit,
then we have a technological challenge and a "social" challenge that
need to be addressed separately.

My first question for Hong Kong is then: do we know the people that have
to discuss features for *I*, need to be involved in the Design Summit
but won't be able to go to HK? Of these, how many can we help fly to HK
with a travel grant from the Foundation? How many are left that will
need to join in remotely?

Thanks,
/stef