[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Developing a Quantum plugin for Tail-f NCS (Network Control System)

Luke Gorrie luke at tail-f.com
Tue May 14 14:02:00 UTC 2013

Hi Kyle,

13 maj 2013 kl. 15:29 skrev Kyle Mestery (kmestery):

> You will want to make sure you follow closely the ML2 work being done by Bob Kakura. The blueprint is here:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/modular-l2
>
> This work will lead to exactly the situation you want: Being able to run the LinuxBridge and/or OVS plugins at the same time as your new device control layer. Also, FYI, the Cisco plugin does exactly what you want already. We have model layers in there for running the OVS plugin and at the same time controlling Nexus switches. But we plan to integrate with the ML2 work being done by Bob as well, as it's the right way forward for this type of approach.

Thanks very much for this pointer! I see that this is a major new restructuring that is happening right now as we speak :-)

I have had a first-pass read through the ML2 code. I don't see yet how to insert my own device control layer into the mix. Could you perhaps say a few words about how you expect to do this with the Cisco plugin? That could really point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
-Luke