[openstack-dev] Glance/cinder Nova API proxying

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Mon May 13 23:48:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

This is a follow up on Andrew Laski's comment on
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28756/ regarding some
discussions at the Summit whether Nova  should continue to be an API
proxy for glance. I can't find the email at the moment, but IIRC
there was a consensus to remove from the Nova API parts that the cinder
now API provides.

Is there a similar consensus for Glance in which case the core images
API from V2 won't be ported to V3 (or should it be made demoted to an
'extension' instead (which in V3 doesn't make much difference).

Also are there any other parts of the Nova API in V2 which anyone
believes should not be in V3 at all?

In a closely related issue there is also a blueprint covering promoting
APIs to core and vice-versa and we'll need to get a consensus around
this as well, so if anyone has any suggestions, please make them.

Regards,

Chris