[openstack-dev] OS proliferation on PyPI

Sascha Peilicke speilicke at suse.com
Mon May 13 13:08:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

while I appreciate the rationale behind the "hacking" package [0], could
we please rename this to openstack.hacking or alternatively transform it
into a more generic flake8.hacking? So far, we often just polluted the
PyPI namespace with randomly named packages that are very much
OS-specific. If such packages aren't meant to be consumed outside the OS
context or make little sense without, they probably shouldn't look like
they could.

FWIW, It seems to be a somewhat similar issue to whats currently
discussed in th "New code name for networks" thread on the generic ML.

Footnotes:
  [0] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/hacking
--
With kind regards,