[openstack-dev] [Nova] Changing the default value of xenapi_disable_agent

Bob Ball bob.ball at citrix.com
Mon May 13 08:00:18 UTC 2013

I haven't been able to find any documentation in OpenStack on how to set up these agents - therefore I think the _only_ sensible thigs are to either change default value is for this option to be disabled by default, or to add sufficient documentation for how to install the agents, and probably sufficient testing to ensure they work... which would mean bringing the agent code into OpenStack, which in turn is something that I understand that we don't want to do!

On top of that many people would not want to install this agent in the guest templates, so I think that disabling it is the best choice even though it is a change in behaviour.

Bob