[openstack-dev] [Nova] virt driver architecture

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri May 10 15:46:16 UTC 2013

On 05/10/2013 11:37 AM, Armando Migliaccio wrote:
> Russell,
>
> Agreed, even though nova-api has the API and extensions framework that
> is technology agnostic, so it would be a shame see it go to waste in
> case a proxy was going to be implemented separately.

I'm not sure that's true.  There's general WSGI infrastructure (plenty
of options there outside of nova's infrastructure) and then there's the
implementation of the API, which is all tied into the way nova works.
It requires the nova database with its view of the state of the world.
If all you want is an API proxy, why would you want to have to go
through all of this pain to keep nova's view in sync with some other
virt management system's view?  *That* seems like a waste to me.

--
Russell Bryant