[openstack-dev] BillingStack Storage Versioning

Endre Karlson endre.karlson at gmail.com
Fri May 10 12:46:36 UTC 2013

Hi everyone!

In BillingStack we need to have some kind of versioning of Objects in the
storage backends due to auditing / regulatory laws imposed upon consumers
of BS.

This is currently applicable to the SQLAlchemy storage plugins.

To give an example of what I mean:
Plan holds relations to say a Price which is applied to incoming data from
for example Ceilometer.

Now imagine you change the Price of the Plan, that's a new version and
needs to be saved as a new copy preferably.

So far I've come up with the SQLA methods linked here
https://wiki.billingstack.org/wiki/Architecture and the VDM project by CKAN
https://github.com/okfn/vdm.

I'm sending this e-mail because I'm a bit unsure on the best approach for
something like this and if maybe someone have done it before?

Endre