[openstack-dev] [quantum] bug 1178136 and 1078490 dispositioning...

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri May 10 12:21:48 UTC 2013

Akihiro MOTOKI wrote:
> 2013/5/10 Paul Michali <pcm at cisco.com <mailto:pcm at cisco.com>>
>
>     Seeking advice on handling here…
>
>     Both are about subnet create not checking if gateway is in subnet.
>
>     1178136 appears to be a duplicate of 1078490. *How do I disposition
>     1178136? Mark invalid?*
>
> In such case "Mark as duplicate" is the best way.  I marked 1178136 as
> duplicate.

Indeed.

>     1078490 appears to be a configuration error. There is a flag in
>     quantum.conf that indicates whether or not the GW must be within the
>     subnet or not. *How do I disposition 1078490? Invalid?*
>
> I have not sort out my opinion yet... I will comment on the bug later.

I'd mark it Invalid. This is not something that will result in a code
change, and marking the task invalid will close it.

>     Note, I checked the unit tests and there IS a test case where the
>     force_gateway_on_subnet flag is set and then a test is made to make
>     sure that the GW IP is within the subnet being created. However,
>     there are no negative test cases (GW=subnet, GW=BCAST address, and
>     GW not in subnet). *Should I add mark the bug in progress and add
>     the test cases. instead of trashing the bug?*
>
> Is it related to the above bug? IMO the lack of the unit test is another
> bug.

You /could/ hijack the same bug by heavily rewriting title and
description... but in this case I'd just close it as Invalid and open a
separate (wishlist) bug about the need for negative test cases.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack