[openstack-dev] [quantum] bug 1178136 and 1078490 dispositioning...

Akihiro MOTOKI amotoki at gmail.com
Fri May 10 11:40:03 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,

2013/5/10 Paul Michali <pcm at cisco.com>

> Seeking advice on handling here…
>
> Both are about subnet create not checking if gateway is in subnet.
>
> 1178136 appears to be a duplicate of 1078490. *How do I disposition
> 1178136? Mark invalid?*

In such case "Mark as duplicate" is the best way.  I marked 1178136 as
duplicate.

1078490 appears to be a configuration error. There is a flag in
> quantum.conf that indicates whether or not the GW must be within the subnet
> or not. *How do I disposition 1078490? Invalid?*

I have not sort out my opinion yet... I will comment on the bug later.

> Note, I checked the unit tests and there IS a test case where the
> force_gateway_on_subnet flag is set and then a test is made to make sure
> that the GW IP is within the subnet being created. However, there are no
> negative test cases (GW=subnet, GW=BCAST address, and GW not in subnet). *Should
> I add mark the bug in progress and add the test cases. instead of trashing
> the bug?*

Is it related to the above bug? IMO the lack of the unit test is another
bug.

Thanks,
Akihiro

Akihiro MOTOKI <amotoki at gmail.com>