[openstack-dev] [quantum] bug 1178136 and 1078490 dispositioning...

Paul Michali pcm at cisco.com
Fri May 10 11:08:16 UTC 2013

Seeking advice on handling here…

Both are about subnet create not checking if gateway is in subnet.

1178136 appears to be a duplicate of 1078490. How do I disposition 1178136? Mark invalid?

1078490 appears to be a configuration error. There is a flag in quantum.conf that indicates whether or not the GW must be within the subnet or not. How do I disposition 1078490? Invalid?

Note, I checked the unit tests and there IS a test case where the force_gateway_on_subnet flag is set and then a test is made to make sure that the GW IP is within the subnet being created. However, there are no negative test cases (GW=subnet, GW=BCAST address, and GW not in subnet). Should I add mark the bug in progress and add the test cases. instead of trashing the bug?

Regards,

PCM (Paul Michali)