[openstack-dev] [Heat / Curvature] - UI for Horizon

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Wed May 8 22:31:52 UTC 2013

Here's the roadmap on this topic as it stands:

D3.js is in the process of being incorporated, and the team at Cisco that built Curvature is interested in combining some of the client-side know-how they've developed by building Curvature with the existing editable network topology code the folks at NTT and NEC built in Horizon, and combining all of that with what Heat wants to do to produce something AWESOME and very much in the Curvature style but built on the existing OpenStack APIs rather than the Ruby backend (Donabe).

Fortunately the "nested stacks"/"recursive containers" work is separate from the interface work, and that's primarily the part that was written in Ruby (Donabe). Heat is investigating that area with other DSLs such as TOSCA/OASIS (forgive me if I'm wrong there), and we'll eventually all arrive in the same place.

But rest assured, this is all in process and will be developed and phased in over the course of the Havana release and/or beyond as reality dictates.

All the best,

-          Gabriel