[openstack-dev] [Nova] Bug day!

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue May 7 21:03:49 UTC 2013

Just a reminder that the nova bug day is today! Well, today for me.
Its whenever Wednesday starts for you.

Bug triage
========

I personally use http://bit.ly/105Bydd to find bugs needing triage.
Note that our documentation on what we expect from triage is on the
wiki at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage . In nova land we
also _prefer_ that a triaged bug has a diagnosis of the problem (i.e.
"this looks like we need to tweak the run_instance method for libvirt
to handle gronkulators"), but that's not always possible.

I've also whipped up a little graph of triage activity, which is at
http://openstack.stillhq.com/reviews/triagesummary.html?reviewers=g:all
and will update during the day (but lags against reality, so please be
patient).

Bug closing
=========

I'd also like to see us work on actually closing some bugs. To that
end, there's also a graph of bugs entering the "in progress" state at
http://openstack.stillhq.com/reviews/progresssummary.html?reviewers=g:all
.

IRC
===

I'll be hanging out in #openstack-bugday on freenode if people want to
chat specifically about triaging and closing bugs.

Cheers,
Michael