[openstack-dev] Returning Deleted Instance on Show

Gabe Westmaas gabe.westmaas at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue May 7 19:29:07 UTC 2013

I'm mostly responding to russelb's comments here, and would love to hear other opinions: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/show-deleted-instances

Essentially, if we have the data, should we expose it to users?  It certainly makes sense to expose it to admins, who have some concept of what a deployment's retention period is, etc.

I think there is value in exposing it to end users, as the deleted instances are already available when using the changes-since parameter - if the data has been moved and doesn't show up in a changes-since call, then you shouldn't be able to show it, I think that is conceptually sound.

Gabe