[openstack-dev] A proposal for RPC-friendly objects

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Tue May 7 17:01:33 UTC 2013

> Wrt Oslo, the serialization hook needs to go in from the start,
> obviously, but I'd recommend developing the base object class in Nova
> in a way (e.g. by abstracting away nova-isms) that it can easily be
> moved to Oslo later at the moment when another project wants to use
> it. Starting it in oslo-incubator when no other projects are using it
> would just be unnecessary overhead for you.

Cool, that sounds good to me.

Right now, we embed special fields in the serialized version of the
object, such as "nova_object.name" (like the VERSION_KEY stuff does
with "oslo.version"). Should we go ahead and use "oslo" in such things
as we're cooking this up in nova so that the move to oslo is easy?

Thanks!

--Dan