[openstack-dev] how to configure cisco plugin in devstack environment

Yuling_C at DELL.com Yuling_C at DELL.com
Tue May 7 06:39:08 UTC 2013

Actually, I just followed the instruction on devstack grizzly installation link:http://networkstatic.net/installing-openstack-grizzly-with-devstack/
and installed again. I copied over the 'cisco' file from the link https://review.openstack.org/#/c/25378/ to lib/quantum_plugins/ and set Q_plugin = cisco.

However, when I run stack.sh, Quantum server was not able to start with the following error in screen-q-svc.log:

    __import__(mod_str)
  File "/opt/stack/quantum/quantum/plugins/cisco/network_plugin.py", line 30, in <module>
    from quantum.plugins.cisco.common import cisco_utils as cutil
  File "/opt/stack/quantum/quantum/plugins/cisco/common/cisco_utils.py", line 23, in <module>
    from quantum.plugins.cisco.db import l2network_db as cdb
  File "/opt/stack/quantum/quantum/plugins/cisco/db/l2network_db.py", line 24, in <module>
    from quantum.plugins.cisco import l2network_plugin_configuration as conf
  File "/opt/stack/quantum/quantum/plugins/cisco/l2network_plugin_configuration.py", line 21, in <module>
    from quantum.plugins.cisco.common import cisco_configparser as confp
  File "/opt/stack/quantum/quantum/plugins/cisco/common/cisco_configparser.py", line 19, in <module>
    from configobj import ConfigObj
ImportError: No module named configobj
ERROR: Unable to load quantum from configuration file /etc/quantum/api-paste.ini.

Any idea why there's an input error for loading 'configobj'? this file should be under /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/landscape/lib. Why quantum cannot load this file?

Thanks,

YuLing