[openstack-dev] In swift, streaming service works?

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Tue May 7 04:49:48 UTC 2013

Yes you can absolutely process data as it is server out of Swift. If you can process the data itself as a stream (ie not having to read it all in first or look at the end of the object first), then you can process it as it comes out of the Swift cluster. And in your specific case, you can absolutely process a gzip file as it is served from the cluster. (In Python, you'd probably use the zlib module.)

--John