[openstack-dev] [openstack-tc] Proposal for API version discovery

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Fri May 3 18:25:00 UTC 2013

> I prefer /capabilities, because this also fits well with important discoverability
> things in swift like max object size or max object metadata (ie everything
> defined in https://github.com/openstack/swift/blob/master/etc/swift.conf-
> sample#L15).

That's a good argument in favor of "capabilities". I personally prefer the term "capabilities" as well because it uncouples the concept from the in-code "extensions" mechanism that some projects use. I don't think that a 1:1 mapping there is beneficial, for exactly the reason above and more.

    - Gabriel