[openstack-dev] [barbican] CloudKeep API

Nate Reller rellerreller at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 17:02:53 UTC 2013

> >How are the tenant IDs populated in the database?
>
> Our current plan is to silently create the tenant_id once the user's first
> call has validated against keystone. E.g. If you have our endpoint in
> keystone, we'll create the tenant. The tenant_id is going to just be a
> varchar with the data from keystone since, IIRC, the OpenStack provider
> can use any values for tenant_ids so we can't rely on any particular
> format.

I was wondering how you were going to do that. The tenant ID is going to
initially be used to validate who can use a key? For volume encryption I will
need to make sure I can use the same tenant ID for both. Ideally I would use
the user's tenant ID, but this could be a problem if I cannot get access to it
for both the creation and retrieval of the key.

Thanks for clearing up the content-types questions. That makes sense to me. Do
you know if it will be a list or a map?

-Nate