[openstack-dev] [barbican] CloudKeep API

Nate Reller rellerreller at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 13:10:27 UTC 2013

How are the tenant IDs populated in the database?

What are the possible content_types for a secret GET request?  I'm a little
confused as to what to expect for that value.  The AES key in the example has a
public key word.  Why public?  Public and private I can kind of understand for
asymmetric keys, but I don't know what would be there for a symmetric key.  Any
particular reason you have MIME type for post and content_type for get?  I
guess my expectation is that if I create an object with the properties name,
expiration, and MIME type that I would be able to retrieve that same object and
it would have the same properties of name, expiration, and MIME type.

Is application/aes-256-cbc an actual MIME type?  I wonder if MIME type is the
best descriptor for an attribute.  I don't even think that MIME type will be
returned to the user in the HTTP request since it will be application/json in
most circumstances.  Perhaps algorithm or format might be better.  MIME types
seem specific to protocols.

Should the key expiration be a part of the secret object or the policy
associated with the secret object?  I was thinking this would be in a policy
object, but it's not a big deal to me either way.  Can this be null if no
expiration?

-Nate