[openstack-dev] [Heat][openstack-tc] Heat AutoScaling Roadmap

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu May 2 12:12:10 UTC 2013

Steven Hardy wrote:
> Essentially the question is - at what point do we need TC approval if we do
> any/all of the following, which were discussed during the summit[2]:
> [...]

The TC has to be preventively involved when the scope of a project
significantly changes, since it may affect the other integrated
projects. For everything else, we generally apply a "ask for
forgiveness" approach -- communicate about the change, start doing it
and if someone is negatively impacted or thinks it's a bad idea, he can
raise the topic on the ML (and escalate it to the TC as a last resort).
This approach served us well in the past and helped us establish a
meritocracy of "doers".

In the precise case you raise, I don't think the API formally increases
the scope of Heat (which already has autoscaling features), so I'd say
it doesn't need to go to the TC (we are busy enough those days), unless
someone complains about it and you can't reach lazy consensus.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Chair, OpenStack Technical Committee