[openstack-dev] [openstack-tc] Splitting the Baremetal driver out of Nova

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu May 2 09:54:17 UTC 2013

Devananda van der Veen wrote:
> To clarify this request, since there seems to be some ambiguity as to
> whether I suggested a scope reduction to Nova or a new incubated
> project, I am, in fact, suggesting both at the same time, and would like
> the TC to consider these requests in parallel. Specifically, I would
> like to see the baremetal code be split out of Nova and into a new
> project, code name Ironic, which would start incubation immediately, and
> thereafter follow the normal incubation process until the TC determines
> that graduation is (or isn't) appropriate.

I added the incubation request to the ever-growing agenda for next meeting.

Would you mind covering the points in
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Incubation_Request in your
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BaremetalSplitRationale (or in a
separate document) ? I realize some of those points don't apply that
well to a project split request, but do your best :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)