[openstack-dev] [diskimage-builder] can't boot ubuntu image

Hopper, Justin justin.hopper at hp.com
Thu May 2 01:00:03 UTC 2013

We are seeing the same issue here in Reddwarf with precise (using elements
vm and ubuntu) with the latest trunk of disk image-builder.

Boot using qemu-system-x86_64.  This used to work as of a few days ago and
we rolled back disk image-builder to a prior patch and it works again.

Followed by

Error: no such device: cloudimg-rootfs.
Error: no such disk.
Error: you need to load the kernel first.

Press any key to continueŠ
Failed to boot both default and fallback entries