[openstack-dev] [Nova][Heat] scheduled-images blueprint

Gabe Westmaas gabe.westmaas at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed May 1 17:10:37 UTC 2013

On May 1, 2013, at 1:02 AM, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:

> On 1 May 2013 07:23, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> The following blueprint was proposed for the havana series:
>>
>>    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/scheduled-images
>>
>> Based on the current design, I think the nova part of this needs to be
>> deferred.  It does not seem appropriate to add an API extension that
>> talks to a service that is not an integrated project, or at least incubated.
>>
>> Beyond that, I'm curious about the choice to implement this as a new
>> service.  I definitely agree that this is not something that should be
>> implemented inside of Nova.  However, I wonder if it makes sense as a
>> feature in Heat.  It seems like an orchestration feature.
>
> I would be very tempted to put it in horizon. [I can expand on why if
> it's not obvious].

Hey Robert,

If you mean directly in horizon without a separate API, then yes, I need you to expand on why :)  If a feature like this is useful, and there is an API for it, yes it should definitely be exposed in Horizon.

Gabe