[openstack-dev] [Network] The destiny of run_test.sh

Brad Topol btopol at us.ibm.com
Wed May 1 15:21:17 UTC 2013

+1!!!  run_test.sh has been a huge help to me as well for the reasons Dan
mentions.

Brad Topol, Ph.D.
IBM Distinguished Engineer
OpenStack
(919) 543-0646
Internet:  btopol at us.ibm.com
Assistant: Cindy Willman (919) 268-5296

From:   Dan Smith <dms at danplanet.com>
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date:   04/30/2013 08:39 PM
Subject:        Re: [openstack-dev] [Network] The destiny of run_test.sh

> However, it seems there are a few arguments for keeping run_test.sh
> alive.

Personally, I think it is important for all the projects to have an
easy test runner script in the root. That script should run the tests
in the configuration we expect to work, whatever that may be. If all it
does is run tox, then that's fine, but I think it should be there. I
think it's also important for that script to have the style checks
available as well ("./run_tests.sh -p" does this for me right now).

> issues such as slowness because of sdist can be addressed.

I'd love to know what we can do in this regard (at least for nova).
Running a single test with tox takes a lot longer than it should just
for the setup process :)

--Dan