[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] LBaaS development plan for Havana

Tom Creighton tom.creighton at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed May 1 02:41:24 UTC 2013

Mark:

I am recommending the creation of separate groups for the purpose of focusing on advanced services as a subcomponent of Networking.  I agree that creating completely separate APIs is not the proper approach.  Things just seemed a bit out of focus in Portland.  For example, looking back on the LBaaS etherpad https://etherpad.openstack.org/havana-quantum-lbaas and comparing it to what was discussed in the Tuesday LBaaS session, there was a lot of items on the list that weren't addressed.  I believe one presentation consumed the entire session.  If the session was longer or there were additional sessions, all of the agenda items could have been covered.  I am only asking to consider approaching this in a parallel manner.

Kind regards,

Tom Creighton