[openstack-dev] [SUMMIT] Live streaming from Design sessions

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Mar 29 17:25:43 UTC 2013

hello folks

in San Diego we had live streaming of Design Summit sessions for the
third time. Despite the huge amount of effort from our team, and
Ciscos's team, the feedback we have collected was disappointing. From
some of the comments I read, I believe that the remote participants were
not expecting to join un-structured discussions, like most of the Design
sessions are, and didn't find value in the audio feed. Because the
experiment is very demanding and also very expensive we're thinking of
not live-streaming the Design sessions this time.

There will be live streaming of the keynotes though and all the general
Summit sessions will be recorded and put live immediately after the event.

If somebody has to join a Design session and won't be in Portland let's
talk about ad-hoc solutions for that person/people and session. I think
skype or google hangout should be enough for that. What's your take?

Cheers,
stef