[openstack-dev] novnc is non-free

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 14:49:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:39:19PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ghe Rivero wrote the initial novnc Debian package. Though there's few
> issues upstream, which I think needs to be reported. Ghe wrote this:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=openstack/novnc.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/README.source;hb=HEAD
>
> I would very much like this to be addressed upstream, so we don't have
> to deal with differences from the upstream Git repository.
>
> Also, there's no tag at all in the github repo at:
> https://github.com/openstack/noVNC
>
> Could tags be added please?

That is not the official noVNC code repository, it is an ancient
unmaintained fork that no one should still be using. It'd be good
if someone with commit access to that repo could either delete it,
or add a note that it isn't maintained & point people to the right
place.

noVNC isn't actually a OpenStack project, rather it is maintained
by a 3rd party with the canonical upstream GIT being this link:

  https://github.com/kanaka/noVNC

So this feedback is best directed to the upstream author.

Regards,
Daniel