[openstack-dev] [Quantum] dhcp-agent and create_port question.

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Mon Mar 25 14:43:51 UTC 2013

Chandan also posted this question to launchpad, there it is being answered:
https://answers.launchpad.net/quantum/+question/225078

please post items only in one location at a time, to avoid people
duplicating the work of helping you out.

dan

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Chandan Dutta Chowdhury <
chandanc at juniper.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Is there a way to determine the host on which a quantum-dhcp-agent is
> running which called create_port in a plugin?
>
> Currently the port details provide the device_type and device_owner.
> The device_owner for a dhcp port is of the form dhcp<uuidX>-<network_id>.
>
> In the above uuidX is generated by the agent and it not the agents id and
> there is no mapping of uuidX to agent's id.
> (will it be good to have uuidX same as the agents id ? am I missing
> something ?).
>
> I could not find a way to determine the agent id from the create_port call
> (specifically if multiple dhcp agent are serving a L2 network).
>
> Please let me know if I am missing something here.
>
> Thanks
> Chandan

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com