[openstack-dev] Future of Launchpad Answers [Community]

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Mar 22 17:46:42 UTC 2013

On 03/22/2013 05:47 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> I'm also curious what types of questions are considered appropriate.
> Specifically, are commercial oriented questions on topic (such as the
> current question about where to get commercial Swift support)?

My personal opinion is that the question is fair. The answers I've seen
are also fair: companies that pay attention to the requests of the
communities are a good thing, as long as they answer honestly and also
to other questions too, helping the site grow.  That said, 'Where to get
commercial support for OpenStack' should be a FAQ answered by "Contact
any of the companies on
  https://www.openstack.org/foundation/companies/ and look at the
section "Companies that can help" on http://www.openstack.org/start/"

> I wanted to downvote it, because I personally don't want to see
> commercial content, but I wasn't allowed to downvote.  :-)

Keep answering questions and your karma will increase to the point where
you'll be able to downvote (all it takes is one answer).

/stef