[openstack-dev] Keystone Benchmark

Joe Hakim Rahme joe.hakim.rahme at enovance.com
Fri Mar 22 14:47:53 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I wrote a short benchmark script that launches multiple requests to
Keystone and measures the response time to get the authentication
token. Since I couldn't find anything that does this in Keystone, I
thought it'd be a good idea to add a benchmark tool. Swift already has
something similar (common/bench.py).

Since I am new to the community (and OpenStack in general) I thought I'd
consult with you here to avoid going in a wrong direction. So here are a
few questions:

 - Is there an existing script that does this and that I might have
   missed?
 - What features would you suggest I include in this tool?
 - Should I follow (reuse?) what's already done for the Swift bench?

Thank you for your answers,
J.