[openstack-dev] Future of Launchpad Answers [Community]

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Mar 22 11:01:27 UTC 2013

Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> I would suggest that we don't promote the use of Answers anymore and use
> Ask OpenStack instead, with specific tags. If we really need the
> Question-to-bug functionality we can always develop an extension to
> Askbot (the software that powers Ask OpenStack) to interoperate with
> Launchpad.

I think that's a fine plan. We could also disable "Answers" for the
projects to prevent further creation of questions there. Adding magic LP
linking as suggested by Chmouel sounds like a good idea too.

That said, I'd like us to grow a community of moderators for
ask.openstack.org before we promote it further. Stackoverflow-type sites
tend to strive because of the quality of the content, which often
involved rewriting questions titles or content so that they are clear
and comprehensive, or marking stuff as duplicates.

It's a bit unclear who can do that on the site at this point... if
anyone ;) Do we need to grow that group before we open the floodgates ?
For example "quantum multihost" is not a question, and needs to be edited.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack