[openstack-dev] Nova core team spammed by alerts from answers.launchpad.net

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Mar 19 15:14:16 UTC 2013

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Since being added to the Nova core team, I've been spamed with
> email alerts from answers.launchpad.net. This seems to be because
> the "Nova Core" team alias is subscribed as a contact for user
> questions. Some developers may have time to participate in user
> forums, but can't this be an opt-in on an individual basis for
> those who do have time to get involved in end user support ?
>
> I know I can just filter them to a junk folder in my mail client,
> which is what I gather many existing Nova core members are doing,
> but it'd be preferrable to just not send it in the first place
> unless there's a compelling reason why we need this ?

No, it's mostly historical... And we are moving questions to
ask.openstack.org anyway.

Once lazy consensus is reached on this question, a nova-core admin
should be able to fix that, otherwise just ping one of the Launchpad
janitors (that includes me) to fix it for you.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack