[openstack-dev] [keystone] support for keystone.middleware.auth_token (bug 1143998)

David Kranz david.kranz at qrclab.com
Tue Mar 19 12:55:46 UTC 2013

I was bitten by this a few days ago while updating Folsom code to deploy
non-devstack grizzly. From the perspective of the deployer, this is
simply an incompatible change to the config file
associated with the keystone auth_token middleware. As with any
configuration file change, the normal process would be to deprecate the
config option and remove it in the next release. Because the config
files are for the most part not templated, and they change from release
to release, real deployment technology ends up making copies of them (or
uses sed, or whatever) that have to be updated with each release.
Whatever the decision about this, the most important thing is to clearly
document all changes to config files in the release notes. For example,
I noticed that in grizzly keystone setting verbose to True turns on
sqlalchemy echoing, which it did not in Folsom. It would make if much
easier for people to test grizzly if the release notes were updated now.

  -David