[openstack-dev] [quantum] BP ovs partial mesh

Tomasz Paszkowski ss7pro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 11:42:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Rohon Mathieu <mathieu.rohon at gmail.com> wrote:
> forwarding traffic with flow, without NAT or Broadcast means that
> every switch between hypervizor and DHCP/ARP Proxy are configurable
> with openflow, which is quite rare for the moment!

But we already have GRE tunnels between all hosts running nova-compute
and {l3,dhcp,metadata} agents :-))) That's why NAT is not needed.
 Anyway instead of employing iptables destination mac can be also
changed using mod_dl_dst flow command.

--
Tomasz Paszkowski
SS7, Asterisk, SAN, Datacenter, Cloud Computing