[openstack-dev] [Horizon][Swift] add meta data support for Swift to Horizon

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Tue Mar 19 09:16:51 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM, Gabriel Hurley
<Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com> wrote:
> Solving it for Swift should be done in a way that can also allow Metadata to
> be set for Glance images, Keystone users/projects, etc.

Shouldn't be a bit different? I can see that tagging is a nice feature
to have but there is some cases where you want to just add custom
metadata on a object/container/account in Swift that doesn't mean
tagging.

A lot of swift feature are based on metada for instance when you want
to add the Quota you would change the X-Account-Meta-Quota-Bytes
header or if you would like to add ACL you would change the
X-Container-Read header.

Just my 2c so that feature is not just tagging[1] and we can add
arbitary headers on Swift objects/cont/account.

Chmouel.

[1] Great feature to have by the way across multiple services this
would be nice to do grouping like that.