[openstack-dev] [quantum] BP ovs partial mesh

Rohon Mathieu mathieu.rohon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 09:53:52 UTC 2013

hi all,

I don't know if removing l2 communication is a good point, since it's
a potential regression, some application may need it.

But I agree that mac learning could be prevented since
Openstack/quantum already know about VM Mac/IP and placement.
Mac table/Flow tables could be populated by a controller, you can
adapt an openflow controller like ryu, floodlight or other to do so.
But this functionnality should be used directly within OVS and LB
plugin.
Instead of populating mac tables, we could also use a proxy ARP, as a
proxy-arp agent which would be populated by the Quantum-server.
We could use the quantum scheduler to have multiple proxy-arp-agent.