[openstack-dev] [CI] Gerrit Downtime Saturday, March 16 (UTC)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Mar 15 13:31:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-15 09:56:37 +0100 (+0100), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Hmm... apparently the restart is in progress right now. And it is
> blocked by a test that won't end (been running for 9 hours now).

That was Zuul queuing new jobs to allow it to reload its job
configuration, as a couple changes were merged last night (one
replaced a Cinder API documentation job, another added no-op jobs
for Yahoo's Anvil project). Zuul has to queue up subsequent changes
when reloading in case its new configuration alters the way
subsequent jobs will be run, and waits for currently-running jobs to
complete before doing so.

Unfortunately a tempest job which aborted ended after 15 minutes was
still shown as running by Jenkins for 12 hours. I'm still in the
process of gathering data now, but tests are running again and the
rest should be loaded from the queue within the next half hour.
--
Jeremy Stanley