[openstack-dev] [quantum] BP ovs partial mesh

Isaku Yamahata yamahata at valinux.co.jp
Fri Mar 15 06:54:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 09:59:08AM +0100, Rohon Mathieu wrote:
> hi all,

Hi.

> I just wanted to share about a BP to limit broadcasting in every
> tunnel while using OVS and GRE. This could also be used for VXLan
> tunneling.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/ovs-tunnel-partial-mesh
>
> the specification show a call flow for the port creation.
>
> Does anyone see something wrong in my architecture?

Interesting. What number of physical/virtual nodes do you expect
broadcast begins to matter with?

What about live-migration? Quantum currently supports live-migration, though.
When live-migration completes, hypervisor sends GARP packet to invalidate
stale entry in mac-learning table.

thanks,
--
yamahata