[openstack-dev] notification.info queue filling up with messages

Monsyne Dragon mdragon at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Mar 12 19:43:58 UTC 2013

These are notifications used for integrating openstack with external systems, such as usage, billing monitoring, etc). If you don't have an external system consuming those notifications, you can change the notification_driver (in nova.conf) to be the no_op_notifier, which simply discards the notifications.

________________________________
From: Phani_Achanta at DELL.com [Phani_Achanta at DELL.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:34 PM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] notification.info queue filling up with messages

I am using devstack all-in-one install with quantum.
When I create 100 VMs with an attached nic , there are messages being posted to notification.info
The kinds of messages in it are image-create, network-create-start,network-create-end, port-create-end…

When I check the rabbit mq conosole, there are no consumers for the notification.info queue.

Is this an expected thing or is this something I can disable by configuration without any functional impact?

Thanks,
Phani