[openstack-dev] OSLO Release Dates

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 13:37:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 09:27 -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 03/12/2013 04:51 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 09:20 +0200, Gary Kotton wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> Is there any chance to get a planned release date for OSLO RC-1.
> >
> > That was my plan, but the date crept up on my. Will try and get it done
> > today.
> >
> >> This
> >> would enable the project using OSLO to pull in the latest changes and
> >> ensure that we all have a synced snapshot of the OSLO release.
> >
> > All projects are using 1.1.0b1 and there have been no changes since.
> >
> > (Aside: Oslo is not an acronym)
>
> The sooner the better here. I noticed that tempest run_tests.sh is
> broken on a fresh environment because of install_venv's inability to
> correctly install by url. Will be nice to finally have this up in pypi.

We need to fix whatever the issue is here (maybe this what Johannes
found before wrt to including the version number in the URL?)

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-February/005975.html

New oslo-config APIs in Havana won't be available on PyPI until Havana
is frozen, so we'll soon be going back to this "use a development
snapshot tarball" model on master.

Cheers,
Mark.