[openstack-dev] OSLO Release Dates

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Mar 12 10:14:57 UTC 2013

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 10:12 +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Since we don't really "release" anything from the incubator, it's more a
>> question of when we are moving to only-critical-bugs mode. We could cut
>> a stable/grizzly branch at that point (and let master continue to
>> havana). Then we only update.py from stable/grizzly and make sure that
>> if we change anything in stable/grizzly we sync that to all relevant
>> projects.
>
> Well, oslo-incubator is in feature freeze like other modules.
>
> I don't see the need to be ultra proactive in syncing to all projects
> every time there's a change in oslo-incubator. In only-critical-bugs
> mode, we should only be syncing to a given project when we know the sync
> fixes a critical bug. Otherwise the sync is just needless risk.

I think we are in agreement here. I'd like to see oslo-incubator move
from "all bugfixes accepted" mode to "only release-critical bugs
accepted" and open the master branch for havana development, in the same
way that integrated projects do when they reach RC1.

That can be done by creating a milestone-proposed branch like for every
other project, or directly a stable/grizzly branch. Given that there is
no real candidate to publish, maybe going straight to stable/grizzly
when the RC1 buglist is down to 0 makes the most sense...

What do you think ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack