[openstack-dev] OSLO Release Dates

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Mar 12 09:12:32 UTC 2013

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 09:20 +0200, Gary Kotton wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is there any chance to get a planned release date for OSLO RC-1.
>
> That was my plan, but the date crept up on my. Will try and get it done
> today.
>
>> This
>> would enable the project using OSLO to pull in the latest changes and
>> ensure that we all have a synced snapshot of the OSLO release.
>
> All projects are using 1.1.0b1 and there have been no changes since.

I think Gary's question is linked to the incubator, not oslo-version...
When are we declaring Oslo grizzly "done" so that all projects can have
a synced snapshot of the latest incubator state ?

Since we don't really "release" anything from the incubator, it's more a
question of when we are moving to only-critical-bugs mode. We could cut
a stable/grizzly branch at that point (and let master continue to
havana). Then we only update.py from stable/grizzly and make sure that
if we change anything in stable/grizzly we sync that to all relevant
projects.

I'd like that to happen early this week, so that projects can move on to
their RC1s.

Thoughts ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)