[openstack-dev] oslo.packaging progress - and comments?

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Mar 11 18:03:06 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013 06:39 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
>> I've been trying to figure out how to get openstack.common.setup out of
>> openstack.common and in to a consumable library. It's a non-trivial
>> problem, because of the bootstrapping in setup.py.
>

> I see in your repo that the *requirements are located by the topdir
> is that going the standard default? There is plenty of files already
> in topdir, somwhere else would be nicer IMO.

Well, the code inside of all of our tools support both locations.
However, I did suggest a while back that we move tools/pip-requires to a
top-level requirements.txt since it has become a pretty standard
location for that file. (I'm trying to get upstream python tools to
automatically understand requirements.txt files since people are using them)

In fact, I've got a script ready to go that will submit the patches
everywhere... :) BUT - perhaps at this point that's a good design summit
topic?