[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] next team meeting 7 March 2013 15:00 UTC

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu Mar 7 16:16:35 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Doug Hellmann
<doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com>wrote:

> The Ceilometer team will hold our weekly meeting in #openstack-meeting Thursday,
> March 7 at 1500 UTC.
>
> The agenda can be found in the wiki at
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
>
> Please add anything you would like to have covered directly in the wiki.
>
> The current topics include:
>
> * Review last week's actions
> * Bug day results
> * Removal of unactive core developers:
> * Release of python-ceilometerclient
> * Planning ODS sessions with other teams
> * Open discussion
>
> Doug

The meeting was held earlier today. I have pasted the summary below, and
the full logs are available at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ceilometer/2013/ceilometer.2013-03-07-15.00.log.html

==============================
#openstack-meeting: Ceilometer
==============================

Meeting started by dhellmann at 15:00:24 UTC.  The full logs are
available at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ceilometer/2013/ceilometer.2013-03-07-15.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------

* LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda  (dhellmann,
  15:00:47)
* Review last week's actions  (dhellmann, 15:01:49)

* nijaba to check room allocation for ceilometer during summit
  (dhellmann, 15:01:53)
  * ACTION: nijaba to check room allocation for ceilometer during summit
    (dhellmann, 15:02:30)

* nijaba to start a brainstorm wiki for a tag line on the tshirt
  (dhellmann, 15:02:38)
  * LINK: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Ceilometer/TagLine
    (dhellmann, 15:02:43)
  * done  (dhellmann, 15:02:51)

* Bug day results  (dhellmann, 15:03:16)
  * AGREED: introduce week-long bug sprints during the H cycle, details
    to be determined  (dhellmann, 15:09:40)

* Removal of unactive core developers  (dhellmann, 15:10:32)
  * AGREED: remove Loic Dachary, Francis J. Lacoste, and Graham Binns
    from the "core" team  (dhellmann, 15:18:08)

* Release of python-ceilometerclient  (dhellmann, 15:18:16)
  * ACTION: dhellmann investigate the process for releasing a client
    library  (dhellmann, 15:19:30)
  * AGREED: we need https://review.openstack.org/23549 merged before
    releasing the client  (dhellmann, 15:36:42)
  * AGREED: use semantic versioning, starting with 1.0.0  (dhellmann,
    15:36:54)

* Planning to attend the ODS  (dhellmann, 15:37:02)

* Submitting ODS sessions & blueprints  (dhellmann, 15:40:29)
  * LINK: http://summit.openstack.org/  (dhellmann, 15:40:41)

* Planning ODS sessions with other teams  (dhellmann, 15:47:55)
  * ACTION: dhellmann propose an ODS session for tempest integration
    (dhellmann, 15:51:19)
  * ACTION: eglynn invite heat team to participate in doc and qa
    sessions at ODS  (dhellmann, 15:53:57)
  * ACTION: dhellmann approach documentation team about a joint session
    at ODS  (dhellmann, 15:54:07)

* PTL elections  (dhellmann, 15:54:23)

* Open discussion  (dhellmann, 15:55:15)

Meeting ended at 16:01:46 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------

* dhellmann
  * dhellmann investigate the process for releasing a client library
  * dhellmann propose an ODS session for tempest integration
  * dhellmann approach documentation team about a joint session at ODS
* eglynn
  * eglynn invite heat team to participate in doc and qa sessions at ODS

People present (lines said)
---------------------------

* dhellmann (160)
* eglynn (56)