[openstack-dev] RFC: last minute changes to Oslo library versioning and naming

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Mar 7 09:45:13 UTC 2013

On 03/07/2013 04:20 PM, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> Am 5. März 2013 19:05:18 schrieb Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org>:
>> On 03/05/2013 10:02 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>> (it takes between 1 or 2 months currently, to
>> have a new package accepted).
>
> Sorry for only replying here and while I acknowledge that this isn't
> particularly easy to do, this process seriously deserves fixing. To add
> some (unfair) comparison, within the openSUSE project, response times
> longer than a day are already considered long.

This is like this only because Wheezy is frozen. Normally, it takes only
few days to get packages pass the NEW queue. At least that is what I've
been told. Also, what takes time is actually the peer review process for
checking of a package is really non-free, and this does take a fair
amount of time.

I hope it will go back to normal (eg: few days) soon.

Also, indeed it really is unfair to compare Debian, a distribution based
on volunteering, without any commercial goal, and close to no funds,
with SUSE, which is a rather large company.

That being said, I do agree that the NEW queue thing in Debian would
deserve (at least) some fixing.

Thomas