[openstack-dev] Swift PTL Candidacy

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Thu Mar 7 04:32:20 UTC 2013

I would be honored to have your vote to continue to serve as the Swift PTL for the Havana release cycle.

I have been a part of Swift's development since before it was contributed to OpenStack. In that time, I've seen Swift grow from a single deployment to being installed and used at all scales by companies all over the world.

My vision is that Swift usage will continue to grow and be used by everyone, every day, whether they realize it or not.

To that end, I would like to see the following things happen in the Havana release cycle:
    - Reduce the CPU requirements of replication
    - Improve disk IO efficiency
    - Add features that allow new use cases
    - Polish features that have been added recently (like global clusters)
    - Encourage new contributors to participate in the Swift project
    - Expand the ecosystem of applications that use the Swift API

I'm proud to be a part of OpenStack and the Swift project. Thank you for the opportunity you have given me.

--John